SDI CPR 1ST & AED ADMINISTRATOR COURSE
This course is a cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), emergency oxygen (O2) administration, first aid, and automatic external defibrillator (AED) course combined into one program. It is designed to teach individuals the proper techniques to safely administer CPR, O2, correct first aid, and utilize an AED in emergency situations. This course is also a prerequisite, or corequisite depending on instructor, for enrolling in the SDI Rescue Diver Course. We also welcome individuals from different industries who want, or need to gain their CPR, 1st, and/or AED Administrator certification for reasons other than diving.
Ready to get started? To register for the SDI CPR 1st & AED Administrator Course contact us at 909-476-8183.
Availability: Contact us for booking information
SDI CPR 1st & AED Administrator Course Requirements
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What can you expect to Learn and Gain?
- Become trained in the basic life support techniques to provide assistance until advanced cardiac care responds.
- Gain eligibility to participate in SDI Rescue Diver or leadership level programs.
- Learn to recognize and evaluate an emergency situation and a victim.
- Learn how how to activate or alert the emergency medical services (EMS).
- Learn to provide 1 person adult CPR, administer the proper first aid to a non-breathing or injured person, and administer O2 to a breathing or non-breathing person.
- Learn how to properly use an automatic external defibrillator (AED).
- The following topics will be covered during this course and more:
- What CPROX1st AED is.
- When you administer oxygen.
- Oxygen for non-breathing victims.
- How to administer oxygen through an oro-nasal mask while performing CPR.
- Oxygen for breathing victim
- Non-rebreather mask
- Demand valve mask
- Nitrox cylinder/regulator options
- Definition of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First aid, and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) *Note: Manufacturers manual must be followed for proper use of the AED.
- Performing CPR
- Self protection
- Assess scene and victim – EMS and statement
- Chin lift and gentle neck extension
- Rule of 2’s
- Continue CPR as long as needed
- When and how first aid must be administered.
- Emergency oxygen
- Set up and use of oxygen cylinder
- Use of different types of masks
- Performing CPR on a manikin.
- First aid: treat a simulated injury for the following:
- Breathing absent
- Broken bone
*note: Each certification is valid for 2 years and must be renewed after expiration.
You can learn more about the SDI CPR 1st & AED Administrator Course by visiting tdisdi.com or you can get started on your certification by contacting us at 909-476-8183.