TDI ADVANCED NITROX
Are you looking to expand your dive time? Maybe you’re a scientific diver or photographer looking to stay in the water a little longer? The TDI Advanced Nitrox Course qualifies divers to use enriched air nitrox from EAN 21 through EAN 100 percent within your current certification level to a maximum depth of 40 metres/130 feet during dives that do not require staged decompression. Advanced Nitrox picks up where TDI Nitrox leaves off and offers a more in-depth look at diving with nitrox. TDI Advanced Nitrox is also a must for SCR or CCR divers. Often taught in conjunction with the TDI Decompression Procedures course, this can be considered the foundation of your technical diving career.
Ready to start your TDI Advanced Nitrox Course? Contact us at 909-476-8183.
Availability: Contact us for booking information
TDI Advanced Nitrox Course Requirements
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
What can you expect to Learn and Gain?
- Learn physics and physiology relating to diving with gas mixes containing more than 40% oxygen.
- Learn gas planning, dive tables, dive computers, oxygen limitations, & nitrogen limitations.
- Learn about equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, gas blending procedures, and oxygen service ratings for using gases with more than 40% oxygen.
- Learn to demonstrate buoyancy control; ability to hover at fixed position in water column without moving hands or feet.
- Learn to show good awareness of buddy and other team members through communication, proximity, and team oriented dive practices.
- Learn to demonstrate the ability to manage free flow from primary regulator in controlled fashion, shut down cycle, and switch to back up regulator.
- Learn to conduct appropriate safety stop while maintaining neutral buoyancy.
- Learn to demonstrate the ability to share air with a buddy as both recipient and donor in a controlled manner while maintaining position in the water column.
- Learn to demonstrate correct body position; appropriate trim, such as horizontal/streamlined when moving forward.
- Learn to demonstrate proper stress analysis with self and dive buddy.
- Gain the ability to enroll in TDI Decompression Procedures, TDI Semi-closed Rebreather courses, & TDI Closed Circuit rebreather courses.
You can learn more about the TDI Advanced Nitrox Course by visiting tdisdi.com or you can get started on your certification by contacting us at 909-476-8183.