TDI DECO PROCEDURES
Are you finding your no-decompression limits (NDLs) a limiting factor to dives? Do you have to ascend sooner than you would like to? As sport divers, planned decompression is not something that we do or have been taught.The TDI Decompression Procedures Course prepares you for planned staged decompression diving. With a maximum operating depth of 45 metres/150 feet, this course is your first step beyond the normal sport diving limits. The TDI Decompression Procedures Course combined with the TDI Advanced Nitrox course form the foundation of all other technical courses. After these two courses and some additional experience, the stage has been set for you to move onto additional technical levels.
Ready to register for the TDI Decompression Procedures Diver Course? Contact us at 909-476-8183.
Availability: Contact us for booking information
TDI Decompression Procedures Diver Course Requirements
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of SDI Advanced Adventure Diver, Advanced Diver, or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
What can you expect to Learn and Gain?
- Learn decompression dive planning including:
- Decompression gas choices
- Tables vs. personal dive computers
- Emergency and contingency planning (equipment failure, omitted decompression, etc.)
- Learn decompression diving procedures:
- Equipment selection
- Pre-dive checks and drills
- Stress analysis and mitigation
- Following a decompression schedule
- Gas switching
- Team awareness and communication
- SMB/lift bag deployment
- Learn about proper trim, buoyancy and finning techniques.
- Learn about emergency procedures (equipment failures, catastrophic gas loss, omitted decompression, navigational errors, etc.).
- Learn about equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, and gas blending procedures.
- Gain the ability to enroll in TDI Advanced Nitrox, TDI Extended Range, TDI Advanced Wreck, TDI Trimix courses.
You can learn more about the TDI Decompression Procedures Diver Course by visiting tdisdi.com or you can get started on your certification by contacting us at 909-476-8183